Odoo ERPOnline's management of documents is unique and totally innovative in its integrated approach. Its complete integration with the company's management system solves most of the problems that are encountered when you use independent document management systems:
- Login and the management of access rights is integrated with that of Odoo ERPOnline for controlling access to different document types,
- Ultra-rapid access to documents, which are directly accessible through your email client or through the company management software,
- Automatic assignment of meta-information comes directly from information contained in your Odoo ERPOnline login registration,
- Document workflow, which automatically follows Odoo ERPOnline's documentation process, provides complete synchronization between the systems,
- Document classification is determined by Odoo ERPOnline itself so that the structure that is created is always synchronized between the systems,
- Automatic indexation and classification of all documents produced by Odoo ERPOnline for maximum efficiency.
This section is about how to get started with the document management system from its installation to advanced use with FTP access.
To install Odoo ERPOnline's document management system, you just need to install the document and document_ftp modules through the menu Settings > Modules by selecting Knowledge Management, and Shared Repositories (FTP) for installation. As the module installation proceeds, the system automatically proposes that you configure the FTP server.
Screen for configuring document management
Once the module has been installed, you will see a new entry in the main menu called